2. Revenue figures
4. Women Empowerment
The Rajasthan Budget 2018 is presented before Rajasthan Legislative assembly on 12/02/2018. The key highlights of Rajasthan Budget 2018 are summarized below in following sections i.e. Agriculture, Infrastructure, Women Empowerment, Sports, Education & Technology, Tourism etc.
- The total Revenue receipts for the Financial Year 2017-18 is appx. Rs. 1.30 Lakh crores, while Revenue expenditure is appx. Rs 1.43 Lakh crores. So net revenue loss for the Financial Year 2017-18 is appx. Rs. 0.13 Lakh crores.
- Fiscal Deficit of Rajasthan Govt for the Financial Year 2017-18 is appx. Rs. 25 thousand crore which is 2.99% of GSDP.
- The one-time loan waiver of up to Rs 50,000 for small and marginal farmers is announced in Rajasthan. The loan waiver would cost Rs 8,000 crore to the exchequer.
- It is also announced setting up a farmer loan relief commission where farmers can approach and present their case to get relief on merit basis.
- The Government will also directly communicate with 2 lakh farmers under the ‘Gram Rajasthan’ program.
- A mini plant for processing and distribution of camel milk at Jaipur is also announced.
- District Lease Committee rates for agriculture, residential land reduced by 10%. Stamp duty reduced for several transactions. Full exemption of interest rates and penalty on unpaid stamp duty.
- Agriculture universities will be set up in Kota and Alwar.
- It is also announced to build 15 kilometers of new roads in all 200 constituencies of the poll-bound states. Nearly 21,614 km roads will be constructed in rural areas.
- The Rs 6,000 for connecting the Bilaspur dam with Banas river is also promised.
- As many as 7 lakh new electricity connections will also be provided in the state.
- Highways and mega-highways to be converted into emergency landing places.
- District mineral foundation trust will spend Rs 1000 lakh to build roads, schools and other facilities near mining areas. Rs 150 crore allocated for construction of flyover in Kota.
- New toilets will be developed on National Highway.
- Rs 33.25 crore will be spent on the renovation of 19 historical buildings. A new museum will come up at Bundi. Rs 20 crore allocated to develop Amer Fort as iconic tourist destination.
- 210 new vehicles at a cost of Rs 7.10 crore will be procured for police soon, while 1,161 constables will be recruited for new battalion of police department.
- Driving license and vehicle registration to go paperless.
- In a kind gesture to women government employees, a 2-years “Child Care Leave” was announced for them.
- Women empowerment: 2000 girl students to get Scooty each if they score 85% marks in class 12. The money was also provided to Adarsh Schools will be increased.
- It is further said that new training programmes for women will be started in 14 ITIs.
- Sanitary pads will be distributed in all government schools.
- The reward of Rs 25 lakh is also announced for India’s U-19 World Cup cricket champion Kamlesh Nagarkoti. He has been awarded this for excellent performance in the recently concluded World Cup.
- The rewards of Rs 25 lakh for player Nagarkoti is also announced, who was part of India’s under 19 team. Rs 2 crore sanctioned for upgrading SMS stadium.
- Youth Icon scheme has been announced to promote sports in the state.
- A new stadium to be constructed in Neem Ka Thana while a fund of Rs 5 crore has been approved for Jagatpura shooting range development.
- To promote sporting talents of the state, ‘Youth Icon Scheme’ is announced in Rajasthan.
- The new set up of Rajasthan Vyapari Kalyan Board was announced.
- The primary school children will be given milk on three days in a week.
- The RPSC examinees will get free bus travel in state government’s buses.
- The government ITI’s will be connected to Digital India scheme of the Centre.
- Free WiFi facilities will be provided in state universities. Eight new ITIs to be opened in the state.
- Amer to be as “Iconic Tourism Destination” of the state.
- A new railway line will come up in western Rajasthan. The railway line will link Jaisalmer and Barmer, boosting tourism.
- Experts believe that tourism would get a bigger focus as it can impact village economy by providing livelihood opportunities for a large segment of people in the unorganized sector.
- As many as 9000 “second-grade” teachers will be appointed. Also, as many as 54,000 “third-grade” teachers have to be an appointed in Rajasthan. The number of admission to government schools has increased by 12 lakh. Also, the women wings in 24 ITIs of the state will be started.
- The vacancy of 2000 news Patwaris and as many as 77,000 vacancies in education department has to be filled in this year.
- The ‘Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya’ Rojgar Yojana is also announced.
- Benefit for elderly residents of Rajasthan: The free bus travel to people above 80 years of age was announced.
- The chief minister, who also holds finance portfolio announced free travel for people above 80 years of age and one attendee on the half fare in the state roadways buses.
- A new scheme announced which is named after late Bhairon Singh Shekhawat. Under the scheme, Rs 2 Lakh interest-free loan will be provided for the self-employed in the unorganized sector. It was a long pending demand of Rajputs.
- Royalty exempted to carry out mining in many areas. Zero belt mining policy will be promoted.
- GST will be reduced on Kota stone.
- Forests :Rs 151 crore was allocated to 17 districts for forest development. 500 foresters will be recruited, while, 2000 forest guard will be recruited.
- Biogas plants will be set up in cow shelters.
- Healthcare: It was announced to start 28 new Public Health Centres in the state.
- For Anganwadi workers: It is also announced to increase the honorarium of Anganwadi workers and other Honorarium workers. The decision will benefit around 1 lakh 84 thousand Anganwadi workers and honorarium workers.
- Annapurna Bhandar and Rasoi: The 1000 new Annapurna Bhandar will be started in Rajasthan. There will be an Annapurna Rasoi in every district collector office of the state. By March 2018, all 500 Annapurna Rasoi Vans would become operational.