2. Temperature during Summer Season
3. Temperature during Rainy Season
4. Temperature during Winter Season
5. More in Climate
8. Reference Articles / Books
The average temperature in Rajasthan is 23-27°C except Abu region where the mean temperature is 18-20°C. The maximum temperature in Rajasthan is 45-50°C in the west part of Jaisalmer district in summer season while the minimum temperature is 10-15°C in the west part of Jaisalmer district in winter season.
- The Rajasthan state experiences more or less uniform day and night temperatures in the summer season, except plateau & hilly regions.
- The average day temperature in the Rajasthan is 40-45°C while average night temperature is 20-25°C. However, the plateau region has 2-4°C lower temperature as compared to other regions.
- The Rajasthan state during the rainy experiences temperatures increasing northwards due to hilly regions.
- However, during the southwest monsoon the night minimum temperatures are more or less uniform but generally they are lower in hilly regions.
- The average day temperature in the Rajasthan is 35-40°C while average night temperature is 15-20°C. However, the plateau region has 10-12°C lower temperature as compared to other regions.
- The Rajasthan state during the winter experiences temperatures increasing southwards due to hilly regions.
- The mean minimum temperature in the cold season in the state is 7-10°C, which varies from 4°C in the north to 12°C in the south.
- With the arrival of western disturbances much lower winter temperature may be experienced. Minimum temperature -5°C to -2°C can be recorded at few stations of northern Rajasthan.